Thanks to our sponsors, we are announcing some special prizes for the winning teams! Local and global Startup Weekend sponsors are also providing some awesome perks, swag, and resources for all attendees.
Winners’ Circle – Sponsored by 4.0 Schools, Originate and Pearson
- 4.0 Schools is offering a free consultation with a member of their Launch team, while also waiving the Essentials workshop fee for any members of the winning team who apply and are accepted to Essentials.
- Originate, will follow up with the winning teams to schedule a free consultation with their LA based team. LA SWEDU teams seeking further support in mobile, database, web, social media, e-commerce and network applications can look to Originate as a consultant, investor and even a place to work as an EIR!
- Pearson Catalyst, will connect with the winning team to provide mentorship and advice to the winning team of LA SWEDU.
- General Assembly is providing a free two-hour online course video to every attendee while the winning team receives a 1 month subscription to Front Row online.
- Blinkist, a new Berlin-based startup, is providing access and subscriptions to its new mobile app providing the main insights from leading titles in Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Management, Finance (all digestible within 20 minutes). Finally, a productive use for your “micro downtimes” (e.g., commuting, waiting in line or for a meeting). All participants receive a 30-day free premium subscription while the winning team receives a 1 year premium subscription, the second place team receives a 6 month premium subscription, and the third place team a 3 month premium subscription.
The More than Coding Challenge – Sponsored by the Kapor Center
- Our sponsor The Kapor Center for Social Impact is sponsoring the More Than Coding Challenge, providing $2,500 in professional team development (e.g., conferences, training) for teams building a technical solution for disseminating information on the various career paths available in the technology industry to underserved youths
- As a resource, they have recently completed a tech career database, More Than Coding,
- More is available at here on our blog.
We are also excited to highlight several global Startup Weekend resources and sponsors – check out the below for information about Google bootcamps, free domain registration, and more!
- .CO is proud to support Startup Weekend by providing all participants with the opportunity for a free 12-month .CO domain registration. Don’t settle for a lame name with dashes or missing vowels — get a short, memorable, user friendly domain name to launch your startup this weekend! Use the promo code provided by your organizer to get your .CO at http://www.go.co/startupweekend/. Also, find an available .CO name via http://nameyour.co/. (@dotco)
- Google is teaming up with Startup Weekend to help developers and entrepreneurs launch new startups by working with Startup Weekend to launch a series of pre- event Bootcamps! For more info and to find a bootcamp near you visit http://www.google.com/entrepreneurs/resources/. (@google)
- Built with the same technology that powers Amazon.com, Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides start-ups and businesses with a secure, reliable, easy-to scale, low-cost computing platform “in the cloud.” AWS is issuing all SW participants a credit voucher valued at $100 which can be applied to an existing account and is good until 12 months from issue. Please follow the instructions on startupweekend.org/aws to sign up for AWS and redeem the promotional code provided by your SW Organizer. (@awscloud)